At National Disability & Community Services, we encourage our participants to live independently, whilst being safe.
We help with your daily personal activities, so that your routine can be self-regulated to take one step further towards achieving your NDIS goals. We provide support depending on as much or as little assistance you need to perform personal activities.
Whether it is helping you with personal hygiene tasks or meal preparation and delivery, our support staff will be there for you.
Depending upon your NDIS plan, we can assist you with the following under this support
- Meal preparation and delivery
- Showering, bathing, dressing, grooming, and other personal hygiene and oral hygiene tasks
- Toileting, menstrual care, bladder, and bowel management
- Mobility at home, like moving out and transferring in bed
- Using aids, appliances, communication, and hearing devices
- Attending appointments, and more.
Our support workers assist you in performing your daily tasks with efficiency, to help you build capacity and achieve your goals as outlined in your NDIS plan.
At NDCS, we have the ability to meet the requirements of participants with complex needs and provide them with a comfortable living environment in a shared setting. We empower you, as participants, to take up your daily tasks safely.
Under this support service, we help with the following tasks in a shared living arrangement:
- Assisting you with planning your finances, budgeting, and managing expenses.
- Helping you in paying bills, rent on time
- Supporting you with filling forms, writing emails, and/or other written communication
- Offering practical assistance with daily routine tasks like meal preparation, cleaning, etc.
- Helping you to be on top of your own health and wellbeing
- Providing assistance with attending appointments, going to shopping centres, etc.
This support service enables participants to build essential skills required to actively participate in the community and continue to grow.
The team at NDCS adapts innovative practices to ensure that every NDIS participant engages in the community and continues to explore more possibilities to lead an empowered life.
Our support staff will be here to participate in activities that aim at building capacity such as:
- Providing support and assisting you with starting your own business
- Attending employment seminars, job training workshops, and more
- Meeting friends and family, or visiting your local library
- Engaging in sports and games of your choice
- Being a part of community events, and recreational activities
- Providing assistance with taking up new interests and activities
- School holiday activities for participants
- Swimming, indoor play centres, outdoor activities in different locations, etc.
Our caregivers will help you to utilize this NDIS support in the best possible manner, and help you meet your developmental, as well as life goals.
At NDCS, we are dedicated to offer as much or as little assistance you need to live as independently as possible. An eligible participant receives 24×7 support all year round, in the comfort of their home.
Our team assists participants in performing their usual routine activities to be able to live a happy life whilst being healthy. We understand and embrace the fact that every individual’s needs are different, hence, we work according to your choice as you have the control over your supports.
Our support staff can also assist you in applying for disability accommodation as per the NDIS. Once you are approved, we will help you in finding a SIL home that caters for your needs. In a SIL home, you receive assistance and support round the clock.
Whether it is for personal care, housework coordination, cooking, cleaning, and transportation aid, or participating in the community, SIL home will have you covered.
At National Disability & Community Services, we assist you to build a fulfilling, and empowered life.
Even the smallest step towards building capacity contribute towards your goal of living an autonomous life. Under this support service, we offer intensive care as per the complex needs of the participants.
Rest assured, you can count on us for unparalleled assistance. Our experts take care of high-intensity cases and ensure health and wellbeing of NDIS participants. This high intensity care has three levels.
The skilled and qualified support workers are here to provide you with:
- Medication administration
- Infection control
- Feeding or Naso-Gastric tube
- Diabetes management
- Pressure area care
- Palliative care
Urinary Catheter Management and/or other high-intensity support.
Feel free to get in touch with us for more information.
Being able to travel safely is one of the important pillars of building a fulfilling life for yourself. As an NDIS participant, you can count on the caregivers at NDCS for assistance in travelling.
Our support workers ensure a safe travel for you, so that you do not have to compromise on any aspect of your life just because of a mere disability.
Our support staff can assist you in carrying out various activities including but not limited to:
- Driving you to and from work and/or school
- Attending doctor appointments, visiting pharmacies
- Attending work-related appointments
- Visiting shopping centres, doing groceries
- Visiting community centres or local libraries
- Accompanying for shopping and other recreational activities
If you would like to go on a holiday, we will be happy to make necessary arrangements for your safety. Be it organizing a compatible vehicle, or accompanying you, our dedicated support staff
will be there to assist you.
Our nurses have the required expertise to provide the best care and support that matches every participant’s unique requirements.
With a focus on participant satisfaction, our caregivers have set priorities that have certainly established credibility for NDCS in South Australia.
We believe that you deserve the right support at the right time, hence, our skilled nurses offer comprehensive care to cater for your complex needs and enhance your wellbeing.
We take pride in maintaining high standards of service whilst providing this support service.
As per your health condition, and assessment, we help with including but not limited to:
- Procedure like ventilation
- Complex wound management, and medications
- Complex bowel care
- Diabetes management
- Pressure care
- Palliative care
- Urinary Catheter Management
- Subcutaneous injections
- Behaviour support needs, and more.
NDCS offers personalized care to participants who require special care and attention, to address complex behaviours, and cater for behaviour support needs.
A clean space contributes to maintaining your health and wellbeing and seeing lush green gardens all groomed is no less than a therapy.
Our professional cleaners carry out deep cleaning in your premises, to ensure that your space is free from the built-up dust and grime.
As an NDIS participant, you can avail of this support service to have the peace of mind you deserve in the comfort of your home.
Having a clean home is synonymous to creating a positive environment that allows you to breathe freely and spend more time on things that matter the most.
We offer expert cleaning services that include but is not limited to:
- Carpet vacuuming
- Window cleaning
- Overall house maintenance
Get in touch with the team at NDCS, and we will be happy to help you with domestic cleaning.
Our staff has worked in a variety of settings, with participants and their families to be on top of their household tasks.
We understand that carrying out household tasks alone can be overwhelming, rest assured we have you covered for all these activities.
Our dedicated support workers ensure to keep your surroundings clean, so that you can rejoice every moment at home and devote your time on what matters the most.
We assist you with a range of activities, including but not limited to:
- Cleaning tasks like dusting, brooming, vacuuming, and mopping
- Laundry and ironing clothes
- Dishwashing, kitchen benchtop cleaning
- Changing linen, folding clothes
- Maintaining overall cleanliness
- Garden maintenance
- Assisting with grocery shopping, and more.
Our caregivers enhance your capacity to cater for these household tasks as independently as possible- while being backed by expert assistance.
At NDCS, our goal is to make sure that you are supported with finding a safe, and appropriate accommodation.
The NDIS describes Assistance with Accommodation/Tenancy as support to guide, prompt, and/or undertake activities that ensure participants obtain/retain appropriate accommodation.
We work closely with you throughout the process and help you achieve your housing goals in the right manner. We offer one on one assistance to every participant, to understand their case, and finally, providing them with the assistance they need.
Depending on your requirements, we can support you with:
- Developing or redefining your housing goals
- Exploring housing options that suit your needs
- Coordinating with concerned service providers, like real estate agents, DHHS, etc.
- Managing paperwork like lodging applications for DHHS rentals, or other private rental applications
- Helping you to retain current tenancies
- Understanding tenancy obligations
- Helping with budgeting and receiving available grants
- Enabling you to maintain a stable accommodation
Our dedicated support worker will be happy to assist you when you just want to spend your day shopping from your favourite stores, or even groceries.
We know, a little assistance goes a long way, and develops a sense of independence. Therefore, our efforts to provide this support have always been acknowledged by our current participants.
Sometimes, it is important to take a day off, and do what you like. We support choice and control and enable participants to practice the same because it is all about achieving their developmental goals.
Our team would ensure that your health and wellbeing needs are looked after, while you are out and about to explore the conquer the world with your confidence. At NDCS, we always encourage participants to exercise their choices, and do what they feel is right and we would be there to support them in every decision.
Your health is our priority, and we do not hesitate to walk the extra mile to ensure that you are safe while living your life on your own terms.
If you require in-home support and assistance, our support staff will be happy to help. Under this support service, we help you with everything at home.
Whether you are a child, an adult, or an elderly, our team is skilled to support you at every step of the way.
The purpose of this support service is to provide you with a nurturing environment where all your requirements are looked after.
Be it cooking, cleaning, showering, toileting, sleepovers, respite or helping you pay bills in time, we assist you with everything.
Just like respite, where you have the option of receiving as much or as little assistance you need.
The focus is on maintaining the wellbeing of participants and their caregivers, to ensure a productive caregiving process. Our support workers allow your caregivers to have some time off, as they know your needs are being addressed by experts. This service aims at building capacity in participants to live an autonomous life.
We would all agree with the fact that life skills keep us moving and help us stand tall opposite to the uncertainties in life.
Our support workers embrace the importance of life skills, and so does the NDIS, hence, this support service came into play.
Development of life skills aims at conducting development activities for participants (and their carers) so that they can live as independently as possible.
Our experts offer hands-on training and assistance to develop life skills like communication, problem solving, decision making, general life skills, managing NDIS supports, and more.
We build capacity in participants to manage their life in the most efficient manner. We assist them with a range of activities including but not limited to:
- Managing medications and being on top of your own healthcare
- Enabling efficient communication wherever required
- Using public transport or assisted vehicles safely and independently
- Maintaining a good, healthy, and nutritious diet
- Developing financial skills, numeracy, and literacy
- Overall personality development, and more.
As they say, change is inevitable. The support staff at NDCS helps you embrace this change and manage transitions with ease.
We understand how important it is to manage through various stages of life comfortably, and hence, are there to support you.
Whether it is starting a new business, job, school, moving to a new house or managing your funded supports, we enable you to transition with ease.
Our approach differs, as we first understand your needs and then develop a plan to build capacity.
We offer assistance with various life stages, including but not limited to:
- Starting a new job, or school
- Starting your own business,
- Helping you with your housing goals, and understanding tenancy occupation
- Assisting you to coordinate and manage your own supports
- Making important decisions about life
- Develop personal and professional skills that go a long way
We assist you in participating in group activities, to bring you closer to the community and boost your confidence along with building capacity at so many levels.
We ensure to assess your NDIS plan and understand your developmental goals to devise a tailored support plan for you.
These activities can be self-directed, or worker facilitated, either way, the aim is to help you develop interpersonal skills and take one step closer towards your vision.
Group Centre activities include but are not limited to:
- Activities involving development of basic life skills like, cooking, grocery shopping, maintaining
- personal hygiene, etc.
- Encouraging you to partake in fitness activities, gym, swimming, yoga, hydrotherapy etc.
- Conducting sessions to build your skills in budgeting, planning finances, reading, writing, etc.
- Visiting library, community events, museums, and more.
- Participating in art and craft, music, dance sessions, watching movies together or going for picnics and shopping
We offer counselling sessions via certified professionals to offer the participants the mental support they need to navigate through their NDIS journey and better cope with everyday life and its challenges.
At National Disability and Community Services, we are aware of the mental and emotional challenges that a person with disabilities experiences. To help them find a way out of them all, we offer counselling sessions where the participants can come and talk freely and feel heard and understood.
Our counsellors are experts in the field and versed in all the required counselling practices and techniques. With the utmost respect for the participants, their beliefs, emotions and differences, they follow an empathetic approach and work in an unprejudiced manner.
We will try to understand the unique needs of the participants and help them:
- Develop new relationships and nurture existing ones with their family, friends and other acquaintances.
- Find a way ahead and set new personal and professional goals.
- Develop new skills that might trigger their overall growth.
- Arrive at a better understanding of themselves and the world around them.
- Create a safe space where all their thoughts will be heard and addressed without any judgements.
- Deal with any past trauma or inhibitions.
- Navigate through any questions they might have regarding life or work.
- Improve their overall mental well-being.